- Extensive directory with chat room and advice for raising
kids, dealing with teenagers, and finding child care services.
Families Under Construction
- Practical advice on building and repairing families. Tips on building
character and involving kids in household chores.
- Articles, expert columns, and information about lectures,
books, and videos that assist in raising self-reliant children.
- Get expert advice on child care and parenting issues, or exchange
opinions and experiences with other parents.
- Offers articles on pregnancy, children's health, and education.
Join parent chat forums and explore shopping resources.
- Selection of links covering issues such as pediatric
and medical information, child safety, special needs, and education.
- Extensive parenting guide for families with preschool
to middle-school-age children. Includes many topics and useful examples.
- Have your questions answered by choosing a particular topic or receive
a personalized answer to your particular question.
- Advice based on the belief that all children behave
as well as they are treated. Includes 10 reasons why not to hit your
- Based on the philosophy that children,
like adults, prefer peace and harmony to confrontation and tension.
Mom and Dad's
- Psychologist gives advice on most aspects of raising
children with special emphasis on inspiring your child to read.
From the publisher of Parents, Child, Family Circle, and McCall's.
Regularly updated reports, and advice, on the usual issues for parents.
the Child Expert
- Ann Douglas writes a weekly column called "Mom's
POV" that provides parents with practical tips on raising kids.
- Forum for learning strategies for resolving the tensions arising
in family life. Each center has real life dramas on RealAudio.
Healthy Kids Online
- Offers information and advice about raising healthy, happy children
for parents and pediatricians.
Common Sense Parenting
- Boys Town USA offers some straight talk on the not-always easy task
of raising a child. Get advice and tips or request a free booklet.
Dr. Lonnie Carton
- The nationally-renowned child and family therapist answers your
questions here on the Web.
- Beginner to advanced level online courses and
curriculum resources on how to use the Internet for parents and children.
- Navigate the sea of books, videos, toys and accessories
with the help of product reviews by parents posted at Parent Soup.
Offers a collection of resources including news articles, product
reviews and community forums related to raising babies in urban areas.
- Free parenting tool aids in documenting, evaluating and nurturing
children. Includes 16 customized chapters such as health and education.
- Resources about parenting and children of all ages. Subscribe to
the monthly newsletter and peruse the bookstore.
- Wise Words
- Find a slew of advice from African American parenting
experts on raising confident and competent children.
- Writer offers advice on parenting, health, education and family
issues. Topics include school choice, tantrums, teens and drugs, and
- Check out this guide to just about all aspects
of child development with sections on growth and development,
health, and emotions and behavior.
- Find a directory, expert advice and message boards on
a range of parenting topics.
- Features parenting and pregnancy advice and information geared toward
parents in their 20s.
- Parenting community provides tips, news and resources. Research
topics like behavior, social skills and safety, or check out the art
- Diaper maker provides lots of advice to parents. Browse
the monthly highlights, topic areas, the experts' Q&A, and subscribe
to the newsletter.
- Lexington, Kentucky-based resource for families, parents, teachers
and caregivers features tips on safety, health topics and home projects.
- Browse this directory of links to resources on a range of parenting
- Browse the presentations given at this conference
on the state of parenthood in the United States circa 1998.
- Check out this guide to all-things parenting with section on breastfeeding,
communication, discipline and travel with children.
- Check out advice on a range of topics geared toward parents of children
from age 2 to 8 years old.
- Get advice on parenting kids who range in age from
infancy to adolescence. Articles are categorized by topic or by the
Review - On Loyalty
- Conservative journal offers an opinion piece
on the "uses and abuses of this complicated virtue". Published
in April 1999.
- Cover story from the FindArticles collection dated
February 1998 examines the moral and ethical aspects of parenting,
with a focus on kindness.
- Features articles and discussions on a range of
parenting topics from a religious perspective.
- Family Humor
- Articles look at the lighter side of family life.
Also has a guide to family humor on the Web and a discussion area.
- Magazine for families looking for information about home and garden,
recipes, parenting and more.
- Offers users hundreds of guru approved tips related to families,
holiday survival, sibling rivalries and nontraditional families.
123 Kidz Area
- Use this directory to find Internet resources for kids and parents.
Search for games, doctors, health news and recreational activities.
- Families United on the Net offers parenting chat, home maintenance
tips, family projects, recipes, games and bulletin boards.
resource tackles issues about home, garden and living. Post on the
- Community offers support and resources on such topics as pregnancy,
child rearing, medical issues, lifestyle and finance.
- Provides resources to make parenting effective and
fun. Subscribe to the newsletter.
- Share wacky stories about weird relatives, spouses, kids and pets.
Chat or send an electronic card.
- Find details on parenting, genealogy, food storage, kids, crafts,
seniors and health.
- Find articles, tools and advice for every stage of parenting,
from giving birth through the child rearing process. Includes
- Members can allocate children's allowances in virtual currency and
keep track of chores. Take a tour of the free services.
- Parenting Channel
- Learn about sitters, caring for newborns,
child health, fathering, swimming and general child-safety issues.
Subscribe to the free newsletter.
- Provides resources on a range of parenting topics
including behavior, communication and health.
- Rates and reviews new children's media from videos to books to software.
Awards best media in each category semi-annually.
Home Journal - Kids, Etc
- Provides a mixture of facts and tips
on parenting, covering children with sleep apnea, road trips with
kids and Internet safety.