America for Seniors - providing government services electronically.
America for Students - information, links, and online services offered
by the Federal Government specifically for post high-school students.
- empowers citizens to e-mail and fax Capitol Hill and government officials
People - allows users to send an e-mailed or faxed letter or a petition
to over thousands of federal, state, and local officials.
Activist - e-mail address directory of U.S. Representatives and
Senators, state governments, and media entities. Also includes activism
the Internet - from the Library of Congress.
- provides links to agencies and officials and an index to doing business
with the government online, e.g. paying taxes and tickets and renewing
- indexes the vast federal government by human activity rather than
Gateway - consolidates government information in a simplified format.
Government Information Resources - electronic depository library
and guide to government web sites.
- official web site for searching the U.S. government.
- provides access to official Federal, state, and local government services
Uncle Sam - special index from the well-known search engine.
- providing links to federal, state, and local web resources and government
and Business Information Services - University of Mississippi -
index of Federal government and State of Mississippi government Web
Information Xchange (GSA) - aims to facilitate the assimilation,
sharing and dissemination of information resources among federal, state
and local governments.
Sites for Kids - directory of U.S. Government Web Sites designed
Systems Index Express (GSI Express) - compilation of U.S. Government
Law and Society - document aiming to integrate political contexts
into common reading practices, to show the impact of politics on daily
- collection of government and civic resources and links.
- features government-related resources on one page.
Pathway Services - annotated list of government information by topic.
American Web Site, The - citizen's guide to the U.S. government
- an annotated listing.
Citizen's Handbook: Your Guide to the U.S. Government - from the
White House site.
Guide to the Government
GPO Access - valuable resource for searching the congressional
record and federal register; also presidential documents, congressional
bills, economic indicators, and more.
- index to federal, state, and local web sites.
of Government Information - index to Federal and Mississippi state
States Government Links Page
Government Information Sources - WWW Virtual Library
Post: The Federal Internet Guide - directory of federal sites, with
related news features.
Sources for Politics and Government - annotated directory that is
a project of the Rhode Island Library Association.