- Aegean Sea Marine Life - Directory
of common inshore marine life for snorkelers and scuba divers visiting
- Aquascape Art
- Pictures of marine flora and fauna, by Nick Peters, painted underwater
while on SCUBA.
- Biodiverse Canada
Inc. - Species and Environments found in Atlantic Canada.
- British Divers Marine Life Rescue
(BDMLR) - UK based organization who rescue stranded and sick cetaceans
and other marine mammals.
- Coral Cay Conservation - Volunteer
expeditions that provide resources to help sustain livelihoods and alleviate
poverty through the protection, restoration and management of coral
reefs and tropical forests.
- Coral Realm - All about marine
life education. View hundreds of reef fish, shark and invertebrate descriptions
with photographs and video clips.
- Deep Ecology Hawaii
- Deep Ecology's unique dive operation proves that you can experience
Hawaii's precious marine environment and preserve and protect it for
- Dive BC Underwater
Marine Life - A collection of underwater photographs from the Dive
BC series of guide books.
- Frontier - Aims to
promote and advance field research and implement practical projects
contributing to the conservation of natural resources. Currently running
diving projects in Tanzania and Madagascar.
- Hawaiian Marine Life
- It's not surpirsing that there is fascinating marine life all along
the Leeward Coast. Ka'ena Point appears to be a magnet for marine mammals.
- The International
Shark Attack File - Shark attack statistics including special sections
for the great white shark and shark attacks on divers.
- Living Reef Images -
A library of aquarium and natural reef photographs available to publishers
- Marine Conservation
Society - Member's Dives - Find news about the diving activities
for and by MCS members.
- Marine Life Learning Center -
To educate, inform and entertain marine life enthusiasts, scuba divers
and naturalists about the underwater world.
- Marine Life of
the Channel Islands (UK) - A large collection of photographs of
marine organisms living in the English Channel, based on the book by
- Mote Marine Laboratory - This independent,
nonprofit research organization in Sarasota, Florida, has a great deal
of information about shark and dolphin research, sea turtles, other
marine mammals, elasmobranchs, and other marine life indigenous to Florida
waters. Site has a shark tank interactive camera.
- Ocean Futures Online - Explore
Ocean Futures online to learn about Keiko, the star of Free Willy, and
more about our oceans, threats to the oceans and their inhabitants,
and how you can help make a difference. Get the latest updates on Keiko
and Jean-Michel Cousteau, join Ocean Futures for free, or shop the online
- Ocean Voice International - Working
for harmony between people, marine life and the environment
- Operation Wallacea
- Diving, wildlife conservation and ecotourism. Operation Wallacea is
a series of scientific wildlife survey and conservation expeditions
to a remote corner of the indonesian island of Sulawesi.
- Reef Ball Foundation, Inc.
- A non-profit charitable organization whose mission is to help restore
aquatic ecosystems using artificial reefs and to educate people and
children about the importance of aquatic ecosystems.
- Scuba Digger - Photos
from 1999 Barrier Reef, Whales, California Channel Islands.
Sea Slug Forum - Australian Museum Online - Malacology - A site
where you can ask questions and post information on nudibranchs and
related sea slugs.
- A joint marine project run by the Devon and Corwall Wildlife Trusts.
Information for people who are interested in the larger marine creatures
such as dolphins, whales, seals, turtles and basking sharks, around
the UK coastline.
- Shark Attacks - All about
Shark attacks with photos of victims and sharks. Site aims to report
every shark attack from around the world.
- Sharks, Information
- Skip's Underwater
Image Gallery - A collection of photographs of New Zealand's marine
- The Slug Site - Devoted
to the study of Opisthobranch Molluscs (ie Nudibranchs).
- Tiger Shark
Research - This site relates to scientific research aimed at increasing
understanding of tiger sharks. Major goals of this research include
determining movement patterns and habitat use of these predators.
- Turtle tagging project
- Barbados - Photos taken on a dive off the west coast of Barbados
in January 1999 to catch, tag and record turtle data for Bellairs Institute,
McGill University Canada.
- Underwater Life on America's
best reef - Guide for scuba dive sites in the beautiful Florida
Keys reef. Divesites described, aerial and panoramic underwater photography,
divelogs, critter pics and information. Key Largo (Pennekamp) to Islamorada
- Underwater Picture Agency
- A selection of photographs of marine organisms by Dagmar and Wolfgang
Vibrant Sea - A collection of underwater photographs from around
the world by Jeff Rosenfeld.
- Welcome to Suunto USA - diving
equipment, well made flash site
- The Whale and Dolphin Conservation
Society - Dedicated exculsively to the conservation, welfare and
appreciation of all whales, dolphins and porpoises.
- Whale Shark Research Group
- Site for educational, research and recreational marine biology interests.
Study and membership work study with whale sharks.