- Actlab - Academic lresearch
group based in the University of Texas (US) working at the intersections
between technology, culture and art.
- Artists using Science and Technology
- Ylem is an international organization of artists, scientists, authors,
curators, and art enthusiasts who explore the intersection of the arts
- Arts & Culture - A refreshing
alternative. It's back to basics with Digisculpt, a site that offers
vogue perspectives on graphics, web art, photography, new age lifestyles,
vegetarianism, yoga practices and alternative music.
- BiG-i.com Digital Art - 2D, 3D
and 4D digital art galleries, tutorials, animation, industry news and
virtual artist colony for CG and traditional artists.
- Booga Holler - Alternative
Art and Entertainment featuring 3D animation, interactive games and
- Center for Electronic Art - Graphic
design, animation, and electronic art instruction.
- The Computer
in the Visual Arts - Book by Anne Morgan Spalter. A dynamic medium
for artistic expression and graphic communication, a comprehensive work
that combines technical and theoretical aspects of computer art and
- CRAC - Creative Room for Art and
Computing. A digital media workshop located in Stockholm (Sweden) that
combines advanced digital technology with artistic integrity, offering
good conditions for production, experimentation, and development within
the field of digital art.
- DepART - Art in
the future, chat room.
- Digital Art Source
- A guide for students and professionals interested in art-related websites
utilizing or exploring digital media and computers.
- Digital Theatre News - Useful
information and news for artists, indie film makers and nerds, with
news on software and hardware for professional media producers.
- Digitalartland.com - A
guide to computer art, digitally manipulated photography, net art and
- The Drop Out Cyberspace - A
cultural exchange place where postmodernism is mixed with primitive
sensibilities. It's an electronic community for the development of art,
peace and unity.
- Electronic Visualization Laboratory
- A graduate research laboratory specializing in virtual reality and
real-time interactive computer graphics; it is a joint effort of UIC's
College of Engineering and School of Art and Design.
- End of Part One - Digital
library, exhibition and sale of contemporary video, photography, animation,
sound, text and net art. TV channel that generates discussion between
artists, writers, museums and collectors.
Worldwide Art Exchange - Discussion about art processes - On-line
forum on the use of Internet in the cultural exchange with and between
Africa, Asia/Pacific and Latin America.
- The Foundation for Art & Creative
Technology - Britain's principal electronic arts agency, specialising
in the development, support and commissioning of moving image art and
- Furtherfield - Digital
arts, poetry, visual art, critical text, independence, transgressive
arts, anarchic creativity, links.
- Grupo de Informática
Gráfica Avanzada - Advanced Computer Graphics Group. Presents its
activities in Research, innovation, development and teaching in the
University of Zaragoza (Spain).
- a public system for creating 50x50 icons. Already 100's of icons have
been made and they are available for use.
- MA in Design and Digital
Media - This Master degree of the Coventry University (UK) provides
the opportunity for those interested in the design applications of digital
media to extend their intellectual understanding and creative control
of those media.
- Media Arts
- MediaChannel.org presents media arts features, criticism, and links.
- My ASG - My ASG allows for the
online creation of autostereograms. Simply design a depth map and surface
pattern, then combine them into a 3-D picture.
- Nettime - A moderated mailing
list for net criticism, net art, collaborative text filtering and cultural
politics of the nets.
- New Media Encyclopedia
- A source of information, a tool for documentary research, and a scholarly
work, but also a locus of debate on artistic practices related to the
- the omoi - A forum to unite artist
on the web and promote the experimentation of traditional and multimedia
- PopoMedia - Popomedia promotes
artists' art, animations, poetry, stories or games, an engaging multimedia
experience for all.
- Re-lab - An electronic art and media
center in Riga, Latvia. Projects range from new media festivals to internet
- Rhizome - An online resource
for people who are interested in new media art, the intersection of
new technologies and contemporary art.
'99 Conference Preview - MediaTechnology.com covers Seybold '99,
a publishing summit that examines digital technologies and processes
used for making information public.
- Sketchboard - Forum for
digital artists to submit work on certain changing themes, and receive
feedback from any visitors.
- Virtual Design
- Virtual Design is an internet tool to work and to communicate on images.
It is meant to be suitable for designers and media-artists who want
to be part of a communication experiment in the virtual space of the
www. Work on a downloaded image in order to vary or alter the picture,
add a comment and upload your work.
- Zilverton -
Tutorials, galleries, hot links and other resources to create digital