- I am a 32 year old widow . My husband took his own life in 1999. Looking
for other widows to talk to.
- Death &
Dying - Widows and widowers newsletters.
- Doors Close, Doors Open
- Professional psychologist's book on the process of widowhood.
- Empowering Widows
in Development - A small UK based, nonprofit, non-governmental organization
founded in 1996.
- Flying Solo - Commercial
site with information for those who are new at living life alone. Includes
issues in widowhood.
- Grief Denied - A book about
a vietnam widow.
- GROWW - Grief Recovery Online,
GROWW, is members helping members after the loss of a loved one. Offering
Chat Rooms, Message Boards, Library and Resources.
- How Should
a Widow Cope With the Loss of Her Spouse? - Anne Fielding describes
the principles she learned from Eli Siegel, the great American poet
who founded the education of Aesthetic Realism.
- Loners of America - Private
group for senior single Recreational Vehicle enthusiasts who are widow,
widower, divorced, single-by-choice.
- New Hope - New
Hope is an organization committed to encouraging and helping those who
have lost a spouse to death. Bi-monthly newsletter, from BC, Canada.
- Seattle Widowed Young Persons'
Support Site - The support is specifically geared to younger men
and women who are dealing with grief and non-end-of-life issues, who
have lost a spouse or partner.
Security for Widows and Children - From MoneyWatch a monthly column
by Jane Bryant Quinn in Good Housekeeping magazine.
- The Survivor's Guide
- A Handbook for: Discovering and Obtaining Death Benefits
Widowhood Comes Early - Concise advice on how to cope when losing
a spouse at a young age.
- Widow Weeds -
The site is written and maintained by Linda DeVault, who was widowed
at the age of 33 in late 1997. Personal journal. Email newsletter.
- Widowed - This
list is for anyone who has had a spouse die. This is for you even if
you have moved on and are with someone else.
- Cindy's Home Page for the #widow/ers chat channel on Beyondirc.net
- WidowNet - An information
and support resource for, and by, widows and widowers. Topics covered
include grief, bereavement, recovery, and other information helpful
to those who have suffered the death of a spouse.
- Widow Mailing List - Discussions between widowed persons in order
to provide mutual support, friendship, and information. We ask that
only those who have lost a spouse or life partner subscribe to this
- Widowhoods Mailing List - A virtual neighborhood for widows and
widowers who are ready to "move-on" and are ready to face
life with a wink and a smile.
Widows - I have been looking for a widows list and was unable to
find one so I made one I am 35 years old and a widow for many years.
I would like to share experience with other young widows.
- Young Widows
- A loving careing group of woman who have all walked the path of grief,
We are here to support each other, We laugh, we cry, we help each other
out, we can talk about anything with out feeling we are going to be
- Young Widows and Widowers, Ltd.
- Widows and widowers in the group range in age from 20ís to 50ís. Many
are parents of very young or school-age children and all subscribe to
our philosophy of turning grief into growth.
- Young widows personal
page - Young Widows, We are a group of widows, We are here to support
each other, We talk about everything from our grief to how we are moving
on with our lives.
- This group is for young widow/widowers to discuss dealing w/ the loss
of a spouse, single parenthood issues, dating again, financial considerations
and any other matters related to widowhood.