- Accenthealth.com - Covers
a variety of health and wellness topics, and offers articles, tips,
interactive tools and communities to health conscious consumers.
- Access Place Health
- Link collection about medical news, health and fitness and some medical
- Aceology Medical Review - Patient
information medical site with daily updates on latest medical news and
research from over 100 medical journals presented in a simple to understand
- Achoo Healthcare Online - Portal
and directory for medical news and information.
- Agency for Health Care Policy
and Research - Consumer health and patient information on health
plans and insurance, prescriptions, conditions and diseases, surgery,
quality of care, quitting smoking, and prevention and wellness.
- AMA Health Insight
- Provides information to health consumers to improve doctor-patient
relationship through active collaboration. From the American Medical
- American Medical Association
- On-Line Doctor Finder - Search for a doctor by name and state
or medical specialty.
- Andrew's W3 Pages
- Index to medical information and resources.
- AnswerMed.com - Provides basic
information on medical conditions and procedures including symptoms,
diagnosis, treatment, predicted outcome and alternative diagnoses.
- AOL Anywhere
Health Web Channel: Tests and Tools - Informational question and
answer tool for assessing your personal health and fitness. Addresses
a variety of common conditions, diseases, and disorders.
- Ask the Doctors - Question
and answer medical information site provided by physicians.
- AudioHealth - Audio files on
health topics with related links.
- BluePrint for Health
- A health and wellness portal which provides health information, personalized
newsletters and interactive health tools.
- A Body Mass
Index Calculator you'll like - Calculates your body mass index and
compares your body to others of the same age, height and gender. (Note
to editor: It correctly handles pediatric and older adult ages, unlike
all other BMI calculators on the net.)
- Body1.com - Health news and medical
information community for consumers.
- Butterfly Mail - Free
health and fitness newsletters sent regularly, including fitness tips
for life, healthy living, herbal hotwire, and biotech news.
- Buying Medical Products
Online - Information for consumers from the US Food and Drug Administration.
How to determine if a site is legitimate; how to spot health fraud;
and how to report fraudulent sites.
HealthWatch - Provides information and interactive health management
tools across a variety of disciplines.
- ChoosingHealth.com -
Find detailed information about hospitals and register your satisfaction
with your medical care.
Science shortwave broadcast periodicals. - Gives information on
accessing Christian Science broadcasts while hospitalized.
- CNN Health - Health news, chats
and advice from CNN
- Combined Health Information Database
- A database produced by health-related agencies of the Federal Government.
Provides titles, abstracts, and availability information for health
information and health education resources.
- Consumer ReportsŪ Online
- Information and advice on health products, services, and decisions.
- CountryNurse.com - Includes
information on clinics, family wellness, disease prevention, diet, exercise
- Diagnostic Doc - Free
medical service providing information about diagnosis and treatment
of a variety of diseases. Enter symptoms to find possible diagnoses
- Digital City - Health
- Health resources and providers across the United States.
- Discovery Health - Offers
news and a variety of health information resources.
- Diseases, Disorders
and Related Topics - Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden. Comprehensive
listings of links to medical information, most reliable, some not.
- DoctorInfo - Provides
searches for background information on medical doctors or doctors of
- Dr. Koop's Community - Former
Surgeon General Koop's resources for health information. A wide variety
of topics, an encyclopedia, pharmacopeia, and resources guide.
- Duke University Healthy
Devil On-Line - A wealth of online medical resources and information.
- Find a Doctor in Your Area - Geographic
directory of doctors with links to their websites.
- FindmeaHealthpro -
Locate health professionals anywhere in the world.
- GetWell.org - Offers resources for
consumers on medical conditions, treatment and research.
- Health A to Z - Includes
a directory of more than 50,000 professionally-reviewed Internet resources,
supportive online communities, and a calendar.
- Health Communication Network
- Provides the up-to-date health information on a variety of subjects.
- Health Depot - Directory
to health and medical sites about diet, fitness, disabilities, diseases,
health resources, products and sales.
- Health eOffice - A guide to
health, fitness, nutrition, and relaxation for desk jockeys and computer
junkies. Features the latest news from leading experts in the field.
- Health In Depth - Health
information links to newspapers, magazines and internet resources.
- Health In Focus - Independent
UK health information and medical information resource.
- 4 Health Links - A list
of links about Health including health foods, vitamins, pharmacies,
- Health Surfing - Offers current
medical and health news. E-mail updates are available.
- HealthAnswers - Contains
health news and information, including a health encyclopedia.
- Resources on numerous health topics. Includes a bulletin board and
- HealthCheck Risk Assessment
- Useful health risk assessment.
- healthfinder (tm)
- - Resource for consumer health and human services.
- HealthFrontier.com -
Offers information including diseases and conditions, nutrition, exercise,
mental health, live discussions and a message board.
- Healthgrades.com - Grades
the performance of hospitals, physicians, health plans, nursing homes
and other health care providers in the United States.
- HealthStatus - Free reports
on body fat percentage, body mass index, calorie burning activities,
target heart rate and smoking costs. Online health risk assessment which
provides resources based on your health risks.
- HealthStreet Interactive
- Search service to find a physician, dentist, hospitals and health
- HealthWindows - A membership
healthcare network that helps individuals to become more knowledgeable
and active participants in managing their personal health.
- Helpful Health Resources
- Links to a wide variety of health sites.
- iBio - Directory of more than
1400 diseases and their signs and symptoms.
- iMedNetworks - An internet-based
healthcare network that connects physicians and patients to each other
and to a virtual world of medical information, tools, and services.
- Instant RX - An online information
resource for health.
Food Information Council Review - Report assisting consumers to
understand and interpret food and health-related scientific studies.
- Internet Health Library
- Searchable index to healthcare sites.
- Internet Pharmacy and
Online Pharmacies Verification - National Association of Boards
of Pharmacy provides searchable listings of approved online pharmacies.
- Laurus Health Information
- Information on health conditions, pharmaceuticals, medical news, plus
profiles of physicians and hospitals. Free registration.
- Mayo Clinic Health Oasis
- Clinical experts provide current medical information and news on health
- MCW HealthLink - Features
health news and information, produced by the Medical College of Wisconsin.
- MedGuide - Search engine for
use in obtaining information relating to medicine and health care. Also
features editorials and medical quotes.
- Med-Help.Com - Resource guide
and medical database with information from health professionals.
Products and the Internet - A guide to obtaining reliable medical
product information on the Internet.
- MedicalAnswer.com - Provides
links to doctors' web sites, health, fitness, and delivers answers to
personalized health questions via e-mail.
- MedicalClub - Provides interactive
free health information on Womens, Childrens and Family health concerns.
The site also includes extensive information on herbal medicines, supplements
and First Aid. Bilingual, English/Spanish.
- Medicine OnLine - In-depth information
on cancer for health care professionals and patients.
- Mediconsult.com - Professionally
moderated, consumer focused virtual medical clinic offering detailed
medical and drug information and support to patients managing medium
and long term medical conditions.
- Medidoctor - A home health
guide to diagnosis and treatment, and when to see your doctor or go
- Medinex - Provides a safe health
search for medical information available on the internet.
- Michigan Electronic
Library - Health Information Resources - Extensive resources and
links of interest to the health consumer and to professionals.
- Midwest Health and Wellness
Expo - 4th annual Expo, highlighting fun, food, fitness, and health.
March 31-April 2, 2000. St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Mylifepath - Provides information
on health and wellness, daily health news and message boards.
- National Institutes of Health
-- Health Information Index - Main consumer health information page
for the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- No Frills Health
- An easy to use and useful guide to health sites on the net.
- Oneday MD Program - A medical
e-course, written for the everyday layman. Easy to understand and digest.
- A Patient's Guide to the Internet
- A step-by-step guide for patients seeking medical information on the
- Physician.com - A medical portal
for physicians and patients.
- Planetamber - Global International
health, medical and disability resources database. Categorized medical
condition search for people with disabilities or health impairments,
their families and those providing services and support.
- SciTalk.com - Science related
resources for the public on health and disease. Discussion boards, chat,
news, patents, clinical trials and books.
- Doctor and hospital search, nutrition facts, drug and disease lookup
and health information.
- SearchPointe - Offers background
and credential information on medical doctors, doctors of osteopathy
- A Second Opinion Medical
Information Services - Medical treatment options, physician background
check service, best hospitals and doctors. (Ft. Walton Beach, FL)[Fee
based service - ed]
- Second Opinion Medical
Information Services - Searches for hospitals, doctors, diagnosis
and treatment options, and physician background checks.
Care Community - Forums providing information and support on allergies,
alternative remedies, diabetes, gastrointestinal disorders, weight,
addiction and recovery and more.
Door Home Healthcare Guide - Symptoms of common illnesses and ailments.
From the UK's on-line health service.
- SymptomTracker - An interactive
medical diagnosis and treatment reference that uses brief yes/no questions
about a users symptoms to arrive at possible conditions and treatments.
[Please note the "Warning" before proceeding - ed]
- UHealthy Network - Global health
information network and community that integrate every aspect of Health
and Fitness in one place.
- vCure.com - Browse the health channels
to find information on diseases. Browse the medication channels for
information on the latest generic and trade name drugs. Find your physician
- VillageDoc - Offers a variety
of health and alternative news and resources.
- WebMD - Consumer - Frequently updated
portal for healthcare, chat forums, health quizzes, news and consumer
- Women's Health
and Wellness Expo - Highlighting fun, food, fitness, and health.
October 26-28, 2000. St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Wonderful World of Diseases
- Catalog of links and information on diseases and human conditions.
Includes an online bookstore.
- Educational information and resources for the non-surgical healing
of pressure ulcers, at home.
Health IS Your Business - Site includes information on health and
wellness including primarily links to sites on the internet on health
- Your Health Today -
Offers medical news and consumer health information.